When you feel empty, this can be normal but if you find that you are always experiencing feelings of emptiness then there could be a problem that you need to deal with.
Emptiness can feel like:
- You have no purpose.
- You don’t have a meaning of life.
- You aren’t happy or sad, you are just blah.
- You don’t know what you are feeling.
The feelings of emptiness are something that no one is sure why we feel them. You might feel like you are a stranger to yourself and feel that you are alone and that you cannot handle your emotions.
Emotions play a huge role in our lives and it can cause the quality of our life to feel down and to allow trouble to enter in. When we are angry, we do not know why, and it is something that we experience during these times.
When you refuse to acknowledge your emotions, it can cause you to not be able to function and make you feel dead inside.
Life is all about emotions and when you have these emotions, hiding them will only make you feel emptier.
When you feel uncomfortable, you have to realize that you can do more than you thought in your life and you can get rid of the feelings of emptiness.
Here are some great tips to try:
- Stop looking for a purpose outside of your life. You have to figure out who you are and know that you have a purpose, without looking for one. If you have a strong sense about yourself, you will be able to figure out what your purpose is and be happy.
- You need to figure out why you are feeling these feelings. Do you have a habit of putting yourself in a box and not letting yourself have emotions? Do you know why you are feeling empty?
- Find out what it would be life if you weren’t empty. Think about a time in your life when you were happy and see what that felt like and what you were doing. Try to imagine that you are happy and that you are not hiding your emotions. What does that feel like?
- Let your emotions be. Embrace who you are and do this by allowing yourself to feel what you are feeling. No matter what your emotions are, they are yours.
- Find people that are like you and that experience things you do. Connect with them. Join a group or a therapy group so that you can talk about your feelings. If you can find a support group, go and fit in and tell them what is up with you.
- Do not be sad or upset with yourself for how you feel. Shame is a feeling that leads to more emptiness. Get rid of the shame and move on.
- Get a therapist to talk to. Having a therapist can help you to share what you are feeling in a safe place.
You don’t have to keep living your life empty. You deserve to be happy and to have a purpose in your life. Learn to connect with your feelings and learn to allow your emotions to be there, but not to control you. Let your emptiness fade away and be patient with yourself.